Hey guys! As the cold weather continues, many of us will be going out of our homes for an extended period of time or not at all (haha). If you love to go straight from class (or casual Fridays) to a night out with the girls then this post is definitely for you! Day to Night outfits are critical in any busy woman's wardrobe, due to the fact that it is super easy and really helpful when you are planning your looks for the week! This mood board includes a beautiful rose gold bar necklace from AUrate NYC! AURate NYC is a company that offers contemporary yet timeless real gold jewelry made right in NYC. From coffee to cocktails, they feel a seamless transition from day to night is a skill all empowered women should acquire, and I agree! So because I love you guys I have some helpful tips below to inspire you to combat the cold in the most stylish way possible and ALL day long.
Jeans: ROMWE / Crewneck: H&M / Puma Creepers: Puma / Heels: Lulu's / Leather Jacket: Zaful / Tote Bag: Nine West via Amazon / Snow White Clutch: Nordstrom / Necklace: AUrate
Tips to take a look from Day to Night:
1. Details Matter: The thing I love the most about this look is the patches on the boyfriend jeans. Patches have come back full force and are really nostalgic for the 90's babies. It adds a little color to the overall look without being overpowering.
2. Accessorize with Black: Black is the most useful fashion neutral you can never have enough of. Here I use my black pieces to add dimension and stability to my look. My leather jacket is definitely one of my most favorite pieces once the cold weather hits. No chilly night out is complete unless I have it!
3. Stick to Neutrals: Fashion neutrals are your best friend once the temperatures drop. My winter wardrobe is full of blacks, navys, and grays with only a touch of lighter browns and nudes. Don't be afraid to stick to the same color scheme and use your accessories for your pop of color.
4. Comfort is Key: Keep in mind you will have to wear this outfit all day. With that being said, you want to make sure that you are as comfortable as possible. Boyfriend jeans fit perfectly into the comfort category while still remaining stylish. Crewnecks are honestly another one of my winter staples, specifically when I am running errands or on my way to class. A little logo goes along way and it goes perfectly with the vintage feel of the patches.
5. Layers: When it is cold out layers matter. Layering is the best skill you can implement in your winter wardrobe in order to stay warm without compromising your style. Here I only have an extra layer provided by the jacket, but you could also wear a t-shirt under your crew neck, maybe even a white button up for a little polish.
6. Elevate: Once the sun goes down it is time to stand a little taller! I feel like what really sets the night look apart from the day is the choice of shoes. In my opinion it should always be heels or a statement shoe of some sort: lace up flats, etc.
I hope I was able to inspire you all to stay stylish during this wintery season! Make sure you check out AUrate's website for their adorable jewelry pieces. Now I am going back to studying for this last final exam. See you guys on the other side!
, by The Strong Suit