Hello everyone! It feels so good to be back after attending NYFW this past week for my second season. I definitely had to catch up on rest and sleep, since this southern girl forgot how much walking and stair climbing was required in the city, but I could not wait to share my experience with you all.
When I was packing for NYFW I wanted to step a little out of my comfort zone and represent all aspects of my style, which pretty much includes what ever I feel like wearing at the moment. For day one I decided on an asymmetrical floral dress from H&M (now under $10)! I felt a little risky wearing white right after labor day, but I made it fall friendly by adding a leather jacket and black chunky heels. The key to wearing white after Labor day is to pair it with seasonably appropriate colors or elements like booties and cardigans.
Pairing my white floral dress with a leather jacket allowed me to add some edge to my look, while the ruffles and asymmetrical hemline kept it fun and flirty. It was definitely a nice blend between the two and the infamous blogger drape of my jacket brought the whole look together. Day one I attended the Pamella Roland show at Pier 59 Studios. She is known for her amazing gowns and I wanted to make sure that I wore an outfit that went with her overall vibe, which led me to this cute dress!
Moon and Lola hooked me up with accessories for the week and I loved the stacked look I was able to put together. For my next few posts if you see anything that you like make sure you use my discount code to receive 10% off of your purchase (AALSTON10).
For running around the city, my Yosi Samra foldable flats were such a blessing! Wearing heels into the subway after attending shows was definitely not the move and my ballet flats helped me commute seamlessly from shows to restaurants and sightseeing. I was gifted the Samara flat in black for my adventures in New York City. My flats could fit perfectly folded in my bag if I wished, or on either side since they are easily compressed. For those of you who may be wondering about fit, I normally wear a 7.5 and decided to get the 8 and they fit perfectly.
I know purchasing a pair of foldable flats might seem foolish to you, but I am going to give you 5 reasons why you and every girl who is on-the-go NEEDS a pair:
1. They are lightweight. There is honestly nothing worse than carrying a purse that feels like you decided to bring your closet and fridge along with you. I loved that my flats did not weigh my purse down.
2. They are travel friendly. I could pack my Yosi Samra flats up in my purse in so many different ways, and could even fit them in the pockets of my leather jacket.
3. They are convenient. I know we have seen countless movies where a young fashionista is running around the city in her heels, but let me tell you that is not reality. I easily knocked out my steps during my trip in NYC and the sidewalks and roads are not always stiletto friendly. I loved that my Yosi Samra flats allowed me to hail taxis/ubers, and run to shows without my worrying about twisting my ankle.
4. They are comfortable. Say less right?
5. They are versatile. I loved that my flats were black because they matched with every outfit I brought along. I know I will be able to wear them with pretty much anything in the future, with the option of dressing them up or down.
I always love sharing products that bring me joy with my readers so I have a coupon code where you guys can save 20% off of your ENTIRE cart for your first purchase! Use ANGELICAS20 to receive ultimate savings, and let me know which pair of foldable flats you decide to purchase!